Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Whole New World

It has been about a week since James learned he could crawl.  It was (and still is) a slow, stuttering movement--up on all fours, he'd propel himself forward onto his belly, pick himself up, and do it again.

Like a bird fascinated with shiny objects, James is lured by tiny, colorful fragments spread around our house.  Thread, buttons, ribbon, and most especially Legos.


Now that James can actually get to what he wants, we are on high alert.



No one can get mad at this happy boy, even Everett, whom I have to ask at least three times a day to clean up the legos.



And although at barely six months old, James is our earliest crawler, and is the child I'd least like to lose track of or fall down our stairs, it is fun to see him discover this new skill.



Fortunately his speed is hampered by frequent thumb-sucking and toe-grabbing breaks, as well as deep contemplation, I'm sure.  "Why does my mom only dress me in pants when we go to church?" I'm sure he wonders.



James also likes to give his gums a quick massage.  Two teeth have sprouted, eighteen more to go.  

0 comments: