Hi everyone,
Welcome to our new blog. We decided that since we are here in Virginia now, the least we can do is post picture of our family and brag--I mean tell--about all the fun things we're doing.
Those fun things amount to:
Joel going to work at 7 am. Elise getting up and feeding Everett. Everett playing. Everett sleeping. Elise getting things done. Everett waking up. Everett Eating. Elise cleaning up huge spills and washing bibs, dishes, floors, walls, and ceiling. Everett climbing around and chewing on some library books. Elise panicking, then realizing you can't actually see the teeth marks. Everett finding the toilet paper--again. Elise shutting all of the doors and locking Everett in the living room. Elise throwing toys to Everett, hoping to distract him from finding and destroying the DVDs. Elise realizing that didn't work, and also (happily) realizing it is time for another nap. Except it's for Everett. Sigh. Putting Everett to bed. Gazing at pantry and refrigerator, trying to figure out what to make for dinner. Stalling. Walking around, picking up toys, bits of chewed-up paper, and wiping up drool. Finally deciding dinner has to be started or Joel will have to eat cereal. Joel coming home and complaining about what a boring day he had. Elise deciding that from now on, she will go to work and type up documents, sit at a desk, and enjoy some drool-free peace and quiet.
Elise realizing that she is not CPA-certified, and therefore wouldn't do well at Joel's job. Elise realizing Joel's company would laugh at her for trying to be an accountant. Elise also realizing that she actually likes staying home and being a mom.
Welcome to our new blog. We decided that since we are here in Virginia now, the least we can do is post picture of our family and brag--I mean tell--about all the fun things we're doing.
Those fun things amount to:
Joel going to work at 7 am. Elise getting up and feeding Everett. Everett playing. Everett sleeping. Elise getting things done. Everett waking up. Everett Eating. Elise cleaning up huge spills and washing bibs, dishes, floors, walls, and ceiling. Everett climbing around and chewing on some library books. Elise panicking, then realizing you can't actually see the teeth marks. Everett finding the toilet paper--again. Elise shutting all of the doors and locking Everett in the living room. Elise throwing toys to Everett, hoping to distract him from finding and destroying the DVDs. Elise realizing that didn't work, and also (happily) realizing it is time for another nap. Except it's for Everett. Sigh. Putting Everett to bed. Gazing at pantry and refrigerator, trying to figure out what to make for dinner. Stalling. Walking around, picking up toys, bits of chewed-up paper, and wiping up drool. Finally deciding dinner has to be started or Joel will have to eat cereal. Joel coming home and complaining about what a boring day he had. Elise deciding that from now on, she will go to work and type up documents, sit at a desk, and enjoy some drool-free peace and quiet.
Elise realizing that she is not CPA-certified, and therefore wouldn't do well at Joel's job. Elise realizing Joel's company would laugh at her for trying to be an accountant. Elise also realizing that she actually likes staying home and being a mom.
12 comments:
You guys crack me up!! I'm so glad you guys have a blog now. I was wondering if you were still alive. So how is Viginia? Have you guys seen or done anythin cool out there? Can't wait to see more posts!
sweet the johnsons are online! I look forward to seeing some pics of what its like out there. sounds like you guys are great!
so is joel drooling around the house or everett. i guess you have to clean it up either way. news flash for joel accounting IS boring. i am married to one and i can see how it would be. but it helps pay the bills. it is good to hear from you guys and hope all is well. jon irish
It sounds to me like Joel really doesn't do that much...so keep up the good work Elise. Joel, get to work bro.
Jon, news flash - accounting makes money, Spanish does not. I'm currently taking more accounting classes...
Go Spartans!!!!
Elise and Joel! Welcome to Virginia! We have been here since May and love it. We are in Fairfax...which is 12 miles from you guys. We need to get together sometime. (Jared just told me to add that he would like to go shoot some hoops). Funny thing is I was training in Reston all last week downtown. I wish I had known you guys were there so I could have stopped by! Send me an email with your phone number so we can get together some weekend!
-Jared and Krystal Workman
jared-krystal.blogspot.com
Yay Elise! I'm so happy you have a blog. Thats a great family photo!
Your the best I can't wait to keep up with your blog some more!
Elise, you are so cute! I love your post!!
I have been wondering how things are going. I'm glad you've created a blog and I can't wait to see some pics of your place and surroundings.
Well Elise and Joel, you have some weird friends with some bad grammer, although this is me so I'm not sure I should be talking. Joel, you should take up drawing. I think it is the perfect thing to do in class when you are bored. It doesn't take much consentration so you can also listen to the speaker. I could buy and internet phone and we could play internet-chess in class };D. And to you, Elise, remember these are the happy times, now you CAN set Everett down for a nap, in a few years he will be eating cereal behind the curtains and throwing potatoes down the air ducts. Spit-up will seem nice compared to duct-rats and dust and stuff. At least now he can't mouth off to you. Remember: An intellegent man can prove that he is right, but a wise man can admit that he is wrong. (women are neather intellegent nor wise)
So everyone here is an ignorer huh?
If you are wondering what I am talking about, I find that the quickest way to find things out about people is to insult them, and since none of you relied angrily, or with a quick-witted comeback I can conclude that you are all kind people.
Either that or you just don't care.
Mack, No one reads comments this old. Sorry!
yeah! i am glad that you guys are doing good and have a blog.. everett is so cute! hope back east is going well!
Post a Comment