I have a bunch of miscellaneous photos of the kids. This week I'm hoping to post them all on the blog so we can always have them. Today I'm starting with Ashley!
Ashley is an absolute delight. She is reserved around other people, but at home her magical giggle lights everyone up. When she is especially happy, she jumps and bounces and throws her head back with laughter. She has a great sense of humor and is very bright.
"What did one car say to the other car?" she asked a few weeks ago.
"What?" I asked.
"Let's get driving!!!"
(she has a whole slew of made-up jokes and will tell them on demand.)
She is always pleased when she gets a laugh.
Ashley is a very thoughtful child. She hates it when William touches her, but she is very good about asking him to stop rather than getting upset. (Getting an 11 month old to listen is a whole other issue, but I appreciate the effort she makes.)
Ashley has some fantastic pouty faces. When these faces are accompanied by her shrieks, I am a little less patient than I should be.
Ashley takes great pleasure in pretending.
She likes to be a kitty, a dog, a horse, or when I'm trying to get her to change clothes, a dancing fairy. In fact, she loves dancing and prancing and twirling on her tiptoes anywhere she can.
She has some funny expressions. If we ask her not to do something, she says "Ok, I willn't." or "I can't found it!"
( As you can see, she also has very little patience for getting her picture taken.)
One night when I was tucking Ashley into bed, she told me that I was her best friend, and that her kitty was her best friend "in the whole jungle!"
Ashley also loves having long hair. Often she will come up to me and say, "I love your long hair, Mommy. Do you love my long hair?"
Ashley really does have the ability to melt our hearts with her sweet little face.
And she loves tight squeezy hugs, which is good because I love to give them to her.










0 comments:
Post a Comment