Downtown right by the river there is a fantastic water fountain. It is especially designed with kids in mind. Water bursts forth from black metal pipes, sometimes reaching as high as fifteen feet in the air. Small jets of water pop out of small holes. Kids of all ages run and shriek through this frequented fountain in the summer. Thankfully, since we live in a relatively small town, it hasn't been overcrowded when we've visited.
Eyes must be windows to the soul, because looking into these pretty peepers are my favorite part about visiting the fountain.
Look at how they glimmer with excitement!
Excitement, pleasure, pure happiness,
it's all there in those eyes. Every single time they run into the water it is a glorious as their very first splash.
The excitement does not fade.
The grins are also fun to watch.
So is the plotting. What feat of superhero skill will this boy attempt next? Karate-chopping the water jets? Sounds like fun!
Yep, pretty fun. Why kids are the most uninhibited while soaking wet is something I don't quite understand. Adults lose this along the way. You want me flouncing around, dripping wet, in a bathing suit in front of a whole bunch of people without even the cover of being surrounded by a pool of water? No thank you.
Of course, there are always the times when Everett demands my attention and announces, "Mom! You have to watch this [daring new trick] I'm going to do. And I'm going to yell GERONIMO really loud!"
Uninhibited? Yep, that's her, right here. I never get these kinds of smiles under other circumstances. Every time the kids ran to me and told me about something amazing they saw, I had to snap another picture.
And then both kids will start to be engrossed with the water again for a while.
What happy faces! This is what I like to see!
And then you have the leaping.
Combined with excitement, leaps can't be beat.
William was content to sit back and watch the kids. He loves baths but was not sure about gallons of water raining down from high above his head. Joel was content to read a book. I was content to snap pictures. (148, to be exact. And you thought I am posting a lot today.)
Finally, though, it is time to go home.
You can always tell when the kids are getting cold. And Ashley is always done first. I try not to laugh at her, but Cold Ashley can be pretty funny.
Thank goodness for hooded towels. These were a gift long ago and they are my favorite. (Everett thinks they are great for playing Superman, which he is doing here.)
The kids especially enjoy the towels because they are large enough to turn them into yellow, furry boulders.
And then it is time to go home. And because this particular adventure took place right after dinner, the kids slept very well. I'm thinking we need to make this a regular activity for this exact reason. Come and visit us! We will take you to the river to get soaking wet as well. And maybe we'll let you play in the fountains, too. (ha, ha.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment