Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home Again

The kids were pretty wiped out after our trip to Utah and the subsequent drive home.  Two days later, when Everett and Ashley were crabby, crabby, crabby, I let them pick one show to watch before dinner.  Well, guess who fell asleep on the couch within about five seconds?  


They both did, even though you only see Everett pictured.  Joel came home from work and we felt so bad for those tired kids, we let them sleep while Joel and I had dinner by ourselves.   Actually, this was really nice and almost like a date!  But when we finished, we figured that we'd better wake the kids up or they would be bouncing off the walls all night (so basically, not like a date at all).

Joel and I were about in hysterics as we were trying to get the kids up to the table for dinner.


Everett made it to his chair but he dozed off again as soon as we turned our backs.




Ashley only made it into the kitchen before she gave up the battle and zonked out on the fancy linoleum floor.




We did get her to her chair.  Do you think we were successful in getting the kids to have a good dinner?

1 comments:

Emily S. said...

Those are some of the sweetest photos! Your kids are too cute. I'm so glad you had a great trip to Utah!