Friday, March 30, 2012

RIP Vacuum


Our vacuum died recently, so I let the kids take it apart.  They had a lot of fun getting it all the way down to the motor!  I admit, I did this just as much for me as I did for them.  I have always wanted to take a vacuum apart.  This was an inexpensive Walmart vacuum (which I loved, because it was bag-less and small and picked dust up so well the canister filled each time we used it), so it was my perfect opportunity!





Ashley loved collecting the screws.



William had fun, but he had a hard time understanding why we were taking the vacuum apart.  "It's broken, Mommy" and "I can't fix it, Mommy" were two things he would say over and over.  Whenever one of us removed a piece, William picked it up and tried to put it right back where it was.



Everett discovered that the handle made a pretty good gun.


So did William, once he saw Everett's shenanigans.



And William was thrilled we let him play with a screwdriver.  Of course, I found him trying to unscrew the hinges to my bedroom door two days ago, so maybe teaching him how to use one wasn't my brightest idea. But I am glad he enjoyed being able to help the older kids.

This was a fun afternoon distraction!

1 comments:

LeAnn said...

You are a nice mom. I love how William tried to put the piece back on right after you took it off. Fun all around!