My Dad recently had a mulitple-bypass heart operation. Everything went well, and he is currently recovering at home. The kids wanted to write him a story about his ordeal (because, you know, he hadn't experienced it himself). Here is their take on what a heart operation entails:
(illustrated by Ashley)
Grandpa does not own a blue truck. Everett must have thought it was more exciting this way!
(Grandpa, Grandma, and a hospital employee, illustrated by Everett.)
True, very true.
(Illustrated by Ashley)
I had sort of explained anesthesia to the kids but I was surprised at how well they understood.
(Illustrated by Everett)
Tape is Everett's preferred construction tool. Can you tell?
(Illustrated by Ashley)
This is a roundabout way of explaining veins and arteries.
(Illustrated by Ashley)
Of course, a little embellishment had to be added!
(Grandpa with a lot of medicine in his belly. Illustrated by Ashley)
Again, very true.
(Outlined by Ashley, colored by Everett)
Grandpa has been working on his house. I'm assuming this is where the house details are coming from.
(Illustrated by Everett)
Every story written by kids needs to have a happy ending!
Fortunately this story really did end happily. There was a significant chance it wouldn't have happened this way, and I am so glad it did. I feel blessed to live in a time that modern medicine makes more miracles possible.









2 comments:
Wow Elise! So glad to hear everything went well. I too am grateful to live in a time that modern medicine makes more miracles possible. Well put. I loved the story. Your children are talented! I can't believe Ashley can draw so well! Hoping for a speedy recovery for you dad!
That is so scary, I am so glad that he is okay! Cute story!
Post a Comment