I painted the school colors on the kids' cheeks. They thought this was fantastically cool, even though my lame attempts at face painting are really not all that fancy.
Everett was thrilled to be there. The air was brisk and it was one of the first days we could really smell autumn in the air.
We had a few minutes to wait before the parade came by, so the kids had fun playing catch with various items.
We also had fun being a little silly!
William brought along a few cars (surprise, surprise!) and was happy to play with them for a little while.
The parade floats were not intricate or fancy or expensive, but the kids didn't mind and everyone still cheered when the homecoming royalty came along in their corvette and mustang convertibles.
Of course, the parade floats were nothing compared to the excitement of discovering the participants threw candy out to the spectators.
We were at the end of the route, so our kids didn't score much candy, but they were unaware of the inequality and were thrilled anyway. And, when I heard later that some kids came away from the parade with pillowcases full of candy, I was relieved I didn't have to contend with so many sweets when we got home.
James was pretty happy the whole time. I will be sad when my kids are all too old to snuggle with me when we are out .
James was pretty intent on watching all the big trucks come by. It was fun to see him so interested.
Of course, other than the times William was sucking his thumb, no one could match him for enthusiasm.
The police cars were his favorite. William loves to point out police cars wherever we go. His exuberance is contagious.
I think the parade made the biggest impression on our little William. We went home, had some hot vanilla milk (it was a pinterest experiment but wasn't great), and the kids went to bed happy. It was the perfect start to fall.
0 comments:
Post a Comment