Ashley turned two years old on Sunday. In a way it seems like she has been two for a while now, probably because she talks so much more than Everett did at this age, and also because her quiet reserve makes her seem a little older to me.
We had a little party with just us and my sister who is out for a visit. I didn't have a desire to make a big production out of the thing. After all, she is only two and doesn't even really understand what a birthday is or why she is getting presents in the first place!
I let the kids decorate cupcakes instead of making and decorating a cake myself. They have more fun doing this than seeing what I came up with, and it is less complicated for me.
Ashley chose purple frosting and flower sprinkles. I think she was very proud of the result.
I bought candles but no matches (as is typical), but thanks to our next-door neighbors, we got them lit. Ashley knew exactly what to do.
Now, onto PRESENTS!
This is the first birthday we've celebrated in this house when the birthday child received so many presents. She was one happy little girl. Her grandmas sent her cute outfits and she has been excited to wear them every day. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of her in them.
I ordered almost 300 used lego duplos blocks off ebay (most are on the floor in this picture). Her favorite part was all the trains that came with them. The kids have played with them every day, all day.
I asked Everett what he wanted to get Ashley for her birthday, and he said "I want to get her some cars so she will stop taking mine!"
Ashley, being a girl who loves toy cars, was thrilled.
Cute farm animal puzzle from my family. This has also gotten a lot of use.
2 comments:
Elise,
You cannot see the video. Don't know what happen but the monitor says, "Sorry. There is a problem loading this video." Can you reattach or send me a link. Thanks.
Lizbeth
Hope I just fixed it. It's working well for me at this point, but let me know if you have any other problems!
Post a Comment