I was recently asked for some updated pictures of William. He was in a good mood this afternoon so I took a few snapshots.
What a wonderful baby! William's fussiness disappeared around his six-week mark. I think he had trouble with gas because his intestines were a little immature, because I can't think of anything I'm doing differently now. He is pleasant and coos all day long to whoever wants to talk to him.
Although I think he mostly just resembles himself, he does look quite a bit like Ashley did.
Here are some comparison shots just for fun:

(Ashley at 6 weeks; Everett at 2.5 months)
William smiles very easily. Whenever he is not sleeping, he is smiling and cooing.
Whenever he is not sleeping deeply or smiling or cooing, he is sucking his thumb!
. . .and then he goes right back to smiling.
Everett loves William. He tells me so at least ten times a day (If I'm being nice to Everett, he will tell me he loves me, too). Everett also likes to have William snuggle with him for a minute before Everett goes to sleep. And you know what? I think William really loves Everett, too. He is always happy to see Everett near him.
When it is time for William to go to sleep, all I have to do is swaddle him with his favored arm up, and he'll settle down and sleep for the entire night.
I don't know how I got so lucky. I take no credit for this. I certainly didn't do anything in particular to get it to happen except for always laying him down while he was still awake. William started sleeping a good 10-11 hours a night about the same time he learned how to suck his thumb on purpose. Everett and Ashley didn't sleep through the night this early, that is for sure. But, I am definitely not complaining because all this sleeping started happening right around the time we had to start scrambling to pack up and move!
And, because I am a mother who loves her baby, I'm posting a video. Nothing really happens, but if you're a Grandma, Grandpa, or someone who wants to see William in action, here he is:
(password: cooing)
3 comments:
He is so adorable. I'm so glad he is sleeping through the night. Annie is starting to do it as well. Not as much or as consistently as I would like, but she's still pretty young, so it's ok. I want to see your new place when you get all settled. How is Joel liking his new job?
He sleeps through the night because he sucks his thumb. I loved that fact about Oakley. But we took her to the dentist and her thumbsucking is not so loveable now. It has made her jaw out of alignment and made her bite all funky. She is going to have to have a device put in her mouth to correct it. So beware of the thumbsucking, even though I still think it was so worth it because it gave me the rest I needed.
He is so cute!!! I love the pictures! It sounds like your new place is great too. I miss the Midwest wards. Only two people welcomed us in our first Sunday, The Bishop and a really sweet lady that serves on the Stake Primary Presidency--that is it! We don't do fun activities like your memorial day thing too, because everyone has family that lives here--which can be such a pain when setting up visiting teaching or getting people to help with activities, they always have family as an excuse. We do like our ward, but it isn't anything as warm and friendly as the Midwest wards! Please tell the Keeles we said hi!
Post a Comment