We joined the YMCA as soon as we moved here. It has been wonderful, and not just for the free childcare while I'm working out! We have access as a family to the facilities, which are never very crowded.
Last night we reserved a racquetball court, bought two cheap bouncy balls at Wal-mart, and let the kids run wild. They had a great time and I enjoyed seeing them go crazy in a room where they had license to do whatever they wanted with those balls.




"Watch this, Mommy!"
Ashley loved kicking the ball.
(I am happy I got this picture because it is rare that I am able to capture an expression of such delight from Ashley.)
It sounded like we had twenty kids in there due to all the echoing from the balls and their yells, but I think this made Everett and Ashley enjoy the room even more. They could make as much noise as they wanted, go nuts, and get nice and sweaty. What could be better? Unfortunately our night was cut short by the tornado sirens going off (no tornado, just high winds) and we had to either go home or be in lock-down. Since we live one minute away and we didn't want to have to keep the kids confined in a short hallway for the duration of the warning--it ended up being about two hours--we scurried home.
1 comments:
Hey Elise, thanks for all the posts we love seeing you guys on line anyway. Spencer loves seeing the pictures of Everett and Ashley, how is house hunting, are you planning on finding one soon or waiting a while. Does Joel like his job? Oh and your house looks enormous compared to the Village :)
Post a Comment