I forgot to mention one thing that just made my Christmas.
William started calling me Mama. If he is hungry or tired or sees me from across the room, he will call out to me with desperation in his voice. Sometimes he will crawl around the house looking for me as he says it.
Mamamamamamama! He will call. It is precious, and I melt each time I hear it.
On the other side of things, William has now learned to climb up stairs. Has he learned how to climb down any way but face first? Nope. He is determined enough that if he falls on his face he just picks himself right back up and keeps going without a fuss.
In fact, he wormed his way out of a high chair at my parent's house. I heard a thump from the other room and when I poked my head in, I saw William sprawled out on the floor beneath the seat with a grin on his face and satisfaction in his eyes. I know he did it on purpose because he had been periodically trying to escape that chair for days.
If someone is holding William back from something he really, really wants, he will grunt and twist and reach and squirm and try as hard as he can to get it--over, and over and over again. Will he cry? No. But he will persist until he gets what he wants or is removed from the room.
What a fun, happy boy, but wow do I think I will have a little dennis the menace on my hands. "Mama" I love. This whole stairs thing--well, I would not have been disappointed if he had been a late bloomer in this regard. But, I think I'll take it. I can't get mad at that face anyway.
3 comments:
I still melt when Sylas calls me mama. It isn't until they are a little older that the word mama gets irritating...
What a wonderful Christmas gift! Hope you are doing well. I'm finally coming back to your blog and have to catch up on all the news. (-:
What a sweetheart Elise!
Post a Comment