I've been really lucky that both my kids basically potty trained themselves--Ashley just after she turned 2 and Everett when he was 2 1/2.
Until these past few days, we've kept both kids in diapers during the night. Ashley almost always wakes up with a dry diaper, but Everett's is always very full. Sometimes he even soaks through his diaper. We've considered putting Ashley to bed without a diaper but in the interest of even-ness, we have just kept everybody the same.
Well, my diapers are running out and so I decided that we will try being 100% diaper free before I go out and buy new ones.
Ashley has done great. She is not a heavy sleeper and has good bladder control. Then again, I wasn't worried about her.
Everett has woken up several times a night having wetting the bed. I think we will end up continuing with the diapers for a while but I am going to finish out the week to be sure. This whole thing got started because I know Everett likes going in his diaper. In fact, he often goes in his diaper before he even gets to bed. I got a little frustrated with him a few nights ago and told him we are cutting him off from diapers.
Mostly, I just wanted to see if he would be able to stay dry if knew he wasn't wearing a diaper. I know some kids will go during the night just because they know the diaper will catch it. I will be the first to admit that this is poor timing on our part, due to the operation Everett had last week (orders from the doctor to drink lots of fluid = lots of fluid coming out as well) but it was something we decided to try anyway.
I think Everett still needs some time, although we are going to finish out the week to see if this gets any better. My sweet little guy has been a bit of a late bloomer in general and I bet in a year or so he will be over this hurdle. We'll see! I'm not too worried about it yet since he never has accidents during the day anymore, but if anyone has advice I'd love to store it away.
0 comments:
Post a Comment