Friday, December 16, 2011

Two Questions

When Joel and I were first married, he requested that I make our family's stockings.  He has great memories of the stocking his mom made for him and he hoped our children could have the same memories.

I don't know if they are starting to have memories of them or not, but Everett and Ashley loved pulling our stockings out this year.  

I didn't want to hang them above the fireplace because our mantle is a little loose and I am afraid someone will pull the whole thing down, so we made use of the railing above one of our living room sofas.




BUT, we have a couple of problems!  Only four of our stockings are done (minus the name embroidered on the top--still haven't figured out how to do that).  I didn't do William's last year because he was just a baby and Joel wanted to wait and see if we could think of an elf based on his personality.  



These are the parents' stockings.  Obvious, right?  It took me a while to figure out how to Mrs. Claus myself, but I  realized a rocker and a book would be a good way to do it.  (Don't mind the black lint on her forehead.)



Everett and Ashley are the baker elf and the stuffed animal-making elf.  Fun, fun!




William. . . is nothing at this point.  I have one week to finish, because I am awesome and way ahead of the game here.  Should we have him be the elf in charge of making cars and trucks?  Balls?  Bumps on the head (now that right there would be a good snapshot of William)?


Aaaaand, question number two:

What color stocking should I do for James?  All of these stockings are made from sweaters so I can just add on whenever I want without worrying about matching a particular fabric.  But should I never repeat a color we've already used?  Is this something I shouldn't worry about?  If I do choose a new color, what should it be?  A yellowy gold?  Grey?  Light blue?  I'm having a hard time coming up with options.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Those are so cute. I say don't reuse a color.

Margot said...

I wouldn't reuse a color. I like the yellow-gold idea. What about orange? Or is that not Christmas-y enough? Black? Now I'm just suggesting Halloween colors.

I'm really impressed that you made all your stockings.

Wayne Johnson said...

You should do the light blue that would fit James the best so far from what I've seen of him. He's cute enough to have light blue for his stocking. LIGHT BLUE