Monday, December 5, 2011

Our New Bundle

James Burton Johnson
was born
Saturday, December 3rd at 12:19 pm.

He weighed
9 pounds, 4 ounces
and was 20 1/2 inches long.

(Saturday night--Mama is pale and swollen and James is red and swollen!)

None of the nurses could believe that I had a nine pound baby, but if they had seen me at the end of my pregnancy they wouldn't have been so surprised.


Everett was the only one who wanted to hold James in the hospital.  This picture really shows how swollen that little baby's face was!  

Ashley sat on the bed next to James and me and was thrilled when he grabbed her finger.

William sat on the bed next to James and me. . .and was decidedly not thrilled, so he began to shove baby James away.  


James is a little feisty.  He didn't cry much the first day but after that he really let his wishes be known.  He discovered that he prefers being held to anything else and it takes him about two seconds to start yelling if he has gotten hungry.


Aaaand, he has quite a birthmark on his nose!  It is about the size of a pencil eraser and is probably permanent.  The Pediatrician at the hospital suggested we get it lasered off when he is about one year old, so we'll see if that is even something we want to do.

None of the nurses ever mentioned it until I did.  I think they are too smart to even insinuate to a Mom that her new baby is anything less than perfect.  

There is a large red birthmark on his abdomen as well.  I told some of the nurses that this way we'll always be able to tell him apart from the other kids.


I will report more later.  We are home now and I am enjoying being out of the hospital.  Joel has a few days off from work and I am looking forward to some good family time.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! What a sweet face! It is hard work, being born, for babies and mommies. Great job (and it sounds like you didn't have him in the car on the way over)! Hope you have a good time getting to know him and helping the kids acclimate. We love you!

Brittany and Jason said...

Oh he is so squeezable. We're excited for you and look forward to meeting this little guy.

Liz Johnson said...

Congratulations!!!! He is beautiful and you look great!!

Tori said...

Ah, what a little chubby cutie! Congratulations on another precious baby! He and Daniel share a birthday!

Sharon McKee said...

He is absolutely adorable! What a big baby, you are too little to carry that much around. Congrats, I love his chubbs and all that hair!

Camille said...

Oh how wonderful! Darling little James, so glad everything went well, can't wait to hear more! I love your cute family!

Rebekah said...

HOLY COW!!! That is one BIG baby. He is adorable. I am glad you are both doing well. Enjoy the rest.

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

Congratulations, I love the name! How wonderful Glad you are home and feeling good!
Naomi

amy bail said...

He looks so cute lying there. He has so much hair. I hope you are not to sore from that big baby, I know Cylar kicked my butt. Congrats

Chels said...

Congrats Elise! He's so cute and what a big baby! I hope things are going well. We actually drove through Iowa around Thanksgiving and thought of you guys. Since you were so close to your due date then I didn't want to impose. I'm just happy that everyone is healthy.

Platte and Heather said...

Congratulations! He is so sweet! I love how alike all your kids look (at least they do to me). :) We can't wait to meet him some day, and see the rest of you guys as well.