I don't know how Ashley became so interested in drawing, but at the end of August it was as though a switch was flipped--suddenly she wanted to do little else. It was amazing. I literally had to drag her away from the table (after hours of drawing) so we could get some other things done.
She is not as consumed with drawing these days, but she does turn out some pretty good pictures.
Most of these pictures were done just after she turned three, but some are more recent. I saved them because I thought they were cute or funny. Maybe someday she can show them to her kids and they can get a good laugh as well.
First, we have Ashley's horse phase.
I believe this is the very first horse she drew. It is so cute!
Some were tall. . .
Some were bright. . .
Some had beautiful tails (which meant they were girls, apparently).
Ashley has since figured out that the nose needs to be longer and the legs skinnier, and I'm a little sad about it. I loved these quirky earlier drawings!
We also witnessed Ashley's mermaid phase.
(which also happened to coincide with her bubble letters phase)
Any guesses as to who this mermaid is? This one was done during Stake Conference a few months ago. Best Stake Conference ever as far as our kids' behavior goes!
Occasionally a few other magical creatures showed up. Ashley never quite figured out what it was she drew here. She just wanted to make something up!
Ashley also went through a people phase. In fact, she still enjoys drawing members of our family.
This was her very first self-portrait just after she turned three. I love the hands and feet and the little bangs she gave herself. (That thing next to her is her favorite plush cat.) I have no idea what that little dude is doing on her face.
A typical person of Ashley's. I love how she gets the letters in her name mixed up sometimes :).
I included this one because it is funny. Ashley drew this on the back of an old receipt during church. At the bottom is a picture of Ashley and me at the store. In our shopping cart are apples, a stick of butter, and a banana. That's probably pretty accurate as far as our weekly purchases go!
Most noteworthy is Ashley's love of drawing cats. They are all portraits of, yes, her favorite plush cat.
Ashley dreams of having her bed filled with cats. Here is a picture of that wish.
Favorite cat, yet again.
Sometimes Ashley branches out and draws other animals, like this raccoon, but not often. She just loves cats too much!
I am interested to see if Ashley's love of drawing will turn into a life-long hobby. I used to enjoy drawing the way she does, but I don't do much with it now. It would be fun if she keeps with it so we can have an artist in the family!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment