We were very lucky to have family present for not one, but two holidays this year! My Parents and siblings made the trek out for a wonderful Thanksgiving week. We really enjoyed their visit. I am mad at myself for not taking very many pictures. I didn't even get a group shot with everyone at the Thanksgiving table.
We were hoping that James would make an appearance while my family was in town, but no dice. However, we did have some fun. I took these pictures Thanksgiving afternoon when we had to get out and enjoy the unseasonably warm weather.
Grandpa helped Ashley feel more confident on Everett's bike.
(he helped William too!)
Ashley was a little nervous to get out on the road at first, but soon she was giggling with delight.
The kids also enjoyed the hammock swing.
It is so relaxing. One of these days I'm going to have to try it for myself.
Everett and Grandpa even kicked the soccer ball around.
Everett was thrilled, of course.
Everett, Ashley, and William also enjoyed playing with their aunts and uncles and especially their Grandma Burton. We ate great food, played games, watched movies, and even went out to eat a couple of times. It was a wonderful distraction for me, because I may have just given up and started wallowing in self-pity because I was 9 months pregnant and sore and grumpy. I really wish I had taken more photos of everyone, but those will have to do.
And then. . .my parents came out for another visit over New Year's so they could see baby James and be here for his blessing.
During this visit, we went bowling. Everett has been bowling once before but I don't think he remembers. Ashley had never been.
It was fun! The kids enjoyed it for the first few frames and then their excitement petered out. I think it was a little long for them since they had to wait for four adults to play as well.
If I remember correctly, Everett got a strike on his very first try! I think this gave him the motivation to continue to the end. He is also competitive enough to enjoy trying to beat the adults.
Ashley enjoyed bowling the first few times but after that she didn't even care to see if she knocked any pins over. It was pretty funny!
And, in case anyone is wondering, yes I did beat Joel. However, we had put the bumpers up by the end and he will argue that it isn't a true win. BUT, he bowled with the same bumpers I did and we didn't see him eek out a win now, did we?
Everett and Ashley also had a lot of fun with their Grandma. They baked cookies, cuddled, watched movies, and giggled.
(Everett is looking at Grandma in this picture. Isn't that cute?)
They also put on a puppet show with a box Grandma Burton set up for them. Thanks to Grandma Johnson for the puppets. They are tons of fun!
Grandma Burton is also great at reading stories. Everett and Ashley really enjoyed listening to her.
We really had a lot of fun with our family members here. These visits from my family make us really look forward to seeing Joel's family later this year. The kids are so lucky to have four wonderful Grandparents they can see!


0 comments:
Post a Comment