We really enjoyed conference weekend. Joel and I put the kids down for a nap during the morning session (because it starts at noon here) and enjoyed a little peace and quiet. During the afternoon session, well, we had to get a little creative as it happened to be the time the kids are used to going outside to burn off energy.
I have been working on crocheting a blanket (the red and blue pile you see in the picture below) and Everett has always wanted to help me. I let him pick out his own yarn and crochet hook this week, and I got him started on his own piece of. . .something. He liked pretending he was crocheting, anyway.
Wild colors, but he sure liked them--He even wanted to sleep with the whole shebang.
Of course, there's always a game like Blokus to make everyone happy.
When we run out of games, we move on to food, like eating apples while standing on the same stool.
OR, sharing popsicles.
When the food doesn't work anymore, we move on to wrestling.
And if I don't watch out, there are two sneaky boys who love to tackle their Mama.
Of course, we always have a bunch of this going on. . .
But after hanging upside down for a while, the belly laughs come out and the world starts to look more fair.
Conversations we had during Conference:
"Everett, make sure you go potty IN the toilet this time instead of hitting the floor."
"Candy, Mama! Candy, Mama! CANDY! MAMA, CANDY!"
Notice something missing? Yep, that's right. We didn't have too many gospel conversations around here. I didn't hear very many talks in their entirety without getting distracted (demanded on) by the kids. Our online transmission jumped to french for a while. We had to restart our computer a few times. The kids had a lot of energy.
Such is the beauty of Conference weekend. I'm already looking forward to the next one.
2 comments:
Elise,
The nicest thing about conference is that you can replay them on your laptop over time.... after the kids go to bed.
Here in Switzerland, conference is at 6 and 10 pm. Needlesstosay, I saw the 6, watched some of the 10 from my lovely bed. (I seems not to get the ones after the middle- community- song. C'est la vie.
Love that they replay at on your time. The Lord knows what we need.
I've always wondered how we would do conference with young kids. It looks like you and Joel know exactly what to do!!
Post a Comment