Our TV really has it in for me. No, I'm serious; it really does. It is a maniacal little thing that gets a vast amount of pleasure out of torturing my mind.
I'm mentioned this before, but the only scary movie I've ever seen is The Ring. That was enough for me. I went into it thinking it would be intense, so I was wholly unprepared for the evil and creepy factors. I had nightmares for months after that one.
It's been four years now since I've seen that movie. I have refused to see another movie like that one, and it pleases me to say that I am no longer plagued by images of a decaying girl climbing through my television and killing me with a single glare.
However, I think my TV keeps wanting to remind me. At random times during the day and night, it will turn on. It might happen while I'm doing the dishes. It might be on when I come home from an errand. Or I'll wake up with a start in the middle of the night to the hum of soft audio and eerie flickering blue-green light reflected against our washer and dryer. Flicker, Flicker. I dare you to get out of bed. I dare you, I dare you.
Sometimes I nudge Joel to go turn it off. Sometimes I lay there for a while, feeling the hairs on the back of my neck raise every time I close my eyes. Sometimes when it comes on, I really have to go to the bathroom. Sometimes I buck up and just go already (after turning the TV off); sometimes I wait it out.
Regardless, I will be happy when we replace our TV. In the meantime, I think I am going to start sleeping with our remote.

1 comments:
We had a TV that did that. But it didn't start doing that until 7 days AFTER we watched the Ring--dead serious. It scared me so bad! I unplugged our TVs after that. Dan had gone to a meeting the morning it happened, & I was home all alone. Dan was lucky that he didn't have to scrape me off the walls. I have never been so scared in my life! I agree, that movie was just plain evil!
Post a Comment