We had the chance to carve a pumpkin when we had a friend over a couple of weeks ago, so the kids and I decided to paint small pumpkins this year and put them on the windowsill. They have yet to stay up there; Everett sleeps with his and Ashley is always playing with hers. When I had them paint the pumpkins, I thought it would be an item of interest for about an hour, not an entire week!
Everett didn't stop until his pumpkin was completely covered in paint and he got to put a face on it, and Ashley didn't stop until her pumpkin was a nice shade of brown. At the end, we put a whole bunch of gold glitter on the pumpkins. This prompted Joel to announce that the pumpkins are "hideous" and spend the next few days muttering about how much he hates glitter. We just laughed at him.
They have a great time talking to each other and playing little games. Everett knows he is not supposed to drink the water but he was doing it to see if I would stop him.
Don't they look older now, especially Ashley? It is certainly easier for Everett to play with her now, and he appreciates that she mimicks everything he does. I don't always appreciate it, but that is a whole other post :).

2 comments:
We painted little pumkins too, and we put a whole bunch of gold glitter on them. We put them on our front porch. My kids had a blast, especially Oakely.
I love how Everett sleeps with his--you'd better capture a picture of that now for blackmailing reasons:)
Post a Comment