Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Baby Status

For those of you who may have missed it, yes, I am pregnant. I'm 22 weeks along and due March 21st. We should be finding out sometime during the next couple of weeks what we're having.


I know my belly is getting bigger because Everett comments on the baby regularly. He loves to come up to me and inform me on the baby's status ("the baby is happy!" "the baby is laughing!" "the baby is crying!"). He pats my belly. He tries to give things to the baby. He likes to inform our guests that there is a baby inside my belly. The other night, he covered me with stickers so the baby could have them.



The baby kicks well enough now that Joel can feel it from the outside, but I'm waiting a few more weeks to show Everett until he will really be able to feel the kicks. I think he will enjoy that part of the pregnancy.


As far as enjoying the baby, well, he will somewhat, I'm sure. I am also sure that he will get a little tired of the crying, but I will try to involve him in caring for the baby so he doesn't feel left out. Ashley is another story. She does not like it when I hold other babies, but I think she'll adjust pretty quickly. We'll have to play it a little by ear at the beginning.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the status. That is so exciting. I can't believe that you will have three children. What are you going to do? I am so scared of the idea of three. Congratulations.

Maksymov Family said...

Congratulations. Can't wait to hear what it is. Take care.

Chelsea and gang said...

I can't believe you havven't found out yet. I am dying over here! hehe...and wow, I cannot believe Everett is 3. That is so crazy!!

Unknown said...

YAY! Love the stickers. Evy has two aunts that are expecting and he feels that it is a personal disappointment that he can't see "the baby." Kids are a crack-up!

Shanda said...

How sweet! I think he is going to enjoy the baby!