I think Everett had a good birthday today. He woke up and opened a few presents, then later he got to open more from my family. In the afternoon he asked us if he could open some more presents, but was okay with the fact that we didn't have more for him.
Here's my little guy in the hospital, only a few hours after he was born. It is fun to see him grow up.
This is when he went straight blond, from the time he was a few months old to over a year. Now his hair is a little darker, but still much lighter than he was born.
With that, let's move on to Everett's thrill for the day: Presents!
Everett got a play oven from us. Joel and I built it, slaved over it, and made many, many mistakes. It is very imperfect and the paint job is not good, but Everett doesn't care. I think it looks boy-ish enough for him. The best part is that there is a system of hinges allowing it to fold completely flat, enough to fit under Everett's little bed. This was a must for me when I was designing it, because we simply don't have the space for something like this to be up all the time! I also wanted it big enough that both kids can use it at the same time. So far, so good, but we're only on day one. I'm preparing myself for lots of bickering.
This was a good day for Ashley too, as she loved everything Everett got. She is thrilled with the oven and all the food, but she especially loved Everett's gift from my family:
They both loved having Joel help them hit the balls. Everett knows how to work all the buttons, so they just load it up for each other and the fun never stops!
Everett's request for his birthday was that he could have a blue robot cake. He has loved robots ever since we saw Monsters Vs. Aliens together, so I knew he would have fun putting the candy on and making it into a crazy robot.

5 comments:
Happy Birthday, Everett!
Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had a great day and that cake is adorable. I love that you had him help you decorate it. What a great mom.
WOW, I am way impressed with that oven. It looks awesome. The cake is way cute too, what a great idea to let him decorate it himself. Happy Birthday buddy!
No wonder you slaved over it--how did you figure out how to build it in a collapsible fashion? You never cease to amaze me (and I'm even further amazed after reading about all of the things you're doing to help Everett progress).
Wow!! I am so impressed! I can't believe you guys made that oven. It looks great. Now, I wish I could have come over the other night to "help" watch you do it. You are amazing!! Love the cake too. It looks yummy! Happy Bday Everett! Do you want to get together Tues. or Wed. this week?
Post a Comment