We've been having some fantastic weather. The days are warm and sunny, and Everett has even had occasion to wear shorts.
William is not walking yet (praise the stars) and I thought we should rig something up to keep him occupied while my other children prance and jump and laugh and get into mischief. Last week, we all trekked down to Menards and bought a toddler swing.
It was a good purchase. William will sit in this swing for hours. Yes, I am being literal. Hours, whether he is actually swinging or not.
He is content to watch Everett and Ashley and suck his precious little thumb.
Of course, he also knows how to smile at his Mama and make her happy.
Instead of smiling, these days Ashley is inclined to pull a face when the camera is pointed in her direction. P.S. You are looking at one of two short-sleeved shirts that still fits Ashley. I have been afraid to get to the store, buy a wardrobe of summer clothes for the kids, and jinx us all back into a snowstorm. But I think there is no avoiding it.
One of Everett's favorite activities is standing way out in the field behind our house while Joel throws balls or frisbees. Everett runs to the thrown item, retrieves it, and brings it back. He acts so much like an enthusiastic golden retriever I half expect to see a furry tail wagging from his little behind.
Ashley likes running after these things too, unless she feels they have been thrown too far. Then she shrugs her shoulders and happily watches her more excitable brother go after them.
But she does find satisfaction in being the one to hand the prize to her father.
Sometimes all three of them wander out in the field on an adventure.
Everett likes to be king and take charge of whatever treasures the trio finds.
Another popular activity is soccer. We place the grey bins you see on their sides as makeshift soccer goals, then Everett and Joel battle it out. The game is slow and Joel understands that Everett needs to win (a slim margin is all Joel is willing to lose by), so the game-winning celebration is always performed by our triumphant four-year-old.
Other popular games, recorded for posterity:
Mr. Fox
Red Rover
Hide-n-seek
Freeze Tag
Turn on the hose and spray your sister.
2 comments:
What a fun place to grow up! You all look well. At least those of you who are photographed... Elise...
Ashley is a smart girl. I wouldn't run all that way just for a frisbee, unless of course there was candy taped onto it. I am so jealous. I want a backyard for my girls to run around in. But I suppose a deck will have to do. Cute pictures.
Post a Comment