When Joel gets home from work, the kids immediately perk up and run to him. "TAG!!!!" they'll shout, as they smack him somewhere on his legs and try to run away before he can reach them. Joel usually catches them before they are out of arm's reach. Sometimes out of frustration, Ashley will exclaim, "Stop tagging me!"
Well, tag isn't the only game they play.
Exhibit A: Stick-pulling
Joel lets Everett think for a few seconds that he's going to beat his Papa, but Joel always pulls him up in the end.
One thing's for sure: Ashley has her fierce look down.
Exhibit B: Arm Wrestling.
The competition is laughable, but it's fun to watch anyway.
(Once more, note the angry eyes)
Everett likes to think he has a chance. Sometimes Joel encourages him by pretending to struggle. Watching their facial expressions and bulging neck tendons is very entertaining.
I wonder where the kids learned to be so expressive with their faces?
Ah. Ok. Now it's becoming more clear.
Another game they've tried is the one where they take turns placing their hand up a stick. The winner is the one whose hand covers the top.
But I think the kids' favorite game is. . .
DOG PILE ON PAPA!
Or, Stand on Papa!
Or, Run and Try to Knock Papa Over!
But Papa always has the last say. What can the kids do? He has every physical advantage.
Everett and Ashley not-so-secretly enjoy the process of being bested, especially when it means they are hanging upside down.
And I can't forget to mention the tickling. A good session of horse play is not complete without tickling.
I think the tickling is my favorite part to watch.
1 comments:
Love the eyes! Great games, I had forgotten about the "top hand" stick game, and CUTE couch!
Post a Comment