Everett and Ashley have been begging me to help them write stories. Ashley is so young that I was worried the process would frustrate rather than excite her, so I was a little reluctant. However, I decided one morning that we would do stories for preschool that day, and Ashley loved it. I had her dictate her story first so she wouldn't get too many ideas from Everett's. I was surprised at her originality! The only thing I helped her with was sequencing. The rest I copied down verbatim (hence some of the grammatically incorrect sentences). I thought her story wouldn't have much of a plot and I was sure it would be all about fairies and horses, but I was wrong. It is pretty funny to see what a three-year-old can come up with.
Ashley loves drawing so she also enjoyed illustrating her book. She did not have time to color the pictures in but I think I like them the best just the way they are.
(My favorite picture is this last one of the Giant. He has bones on his shirt. Ashley thought that up completely on her own. Funny, funny!)







1 comments:
love the all detail, "margaret wayne johnson"--just love it!
Post a Comment