Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Maternity Pictures

Ashley has always hated baby dolls.  I'm not sure why that is, but her extreme distaste for them is pretty funny.  However, she is exceptionally maternal with her stuffed animals.  In fact, lately she has taken to stuffing her favorite cat up her shirt and announcing to the household several times a day that "a newborn baby kitty will be here in TWO MINUTES!"

So I had to get pictures, of course.




(Those pointed toes are the reason Ashley's gymnastics teacher thinks we ought to get her into dance.  "She's a natural," the teacher says.  Well, I'm skeptical about that but I think we'll definitely enroll her in gymnastics again.  This first go at it was pretty fun!)


After the kitty is born, it loves to snuggle with anyone who is nearby.  "I think it loves you," Ashley purrs as she maneuvers the cat into licking our arms and faces.







But of course, the cat likes her the best.  I tried to tell Ashley one night that her kitty wanted to sleep in my bed but she wouldn't have it.  "My kitty only likes to sleep with me!" she corrected.

I can't believe how old my little Ashley is looking these days.  She is not even three-and-a-half and is practically going on 16 already (heaven help us).  I wouldn't trade her for anyone else.  I love my little Ashley.  It is fun having a little same-gendered buddy when we are both outnumbered by boys.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! She certainly is growing quickly.