Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Here is a glut of pictures for a glut of candy on a glut of a holiday.  Presenting: the Johnson Superheroes (and their dog)!!!







William wasn't too keen on having the dog costume hood up until I showed him what he looked like in the mirror and said, "Look, William is a dog!"  This boy loves dogs and was very excited. 



Everett and Ashley gathered quite a collection of candy.  William didn't walk up to very many doors so he only had a few pieces.



He was pretty excited about it, though.  He never gets candy!




Ashley was thrilled to be Supergirl.  








We ran an errand in the car today, with both kids dressed in their full superhero gear, and Ashley informed me that Supergirl does not ride in cars; she only flies.  Well, then.




(Mr. Tough Guy, sticking his chest out and all)

Everett has been dreaming of his Wolverine costume for a long time.  I didn't find one I liked for a price I liked so I made this one from scratch.  I wanted it to be separates so he can wear it around whenever he wants.


It was pretty funny while we were trick-or-treating to watch Everett try to grab candy and put it in his bag with those dowel-claws of his.  Mostly he found a way to be successful but he was very slow.



I would not have gone through all the effort of making Everett this costume if I didn't think he will wear it all the time.  There is a chance the novelty will wear off faster than I expect but I think he will get a lot of use out of it.  If not, maybe I'll make Everett be Wolverine again next year!

0 comments: