I have been charged with the care of the other Everett in our ward for three days--Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. He is three weeks older than my Everett, and the two of them get along famously. Even though they are both the oldest and only children, they are learning to share really well. If one of them has something the other is interested in (which happens often), the one with the toy will hold it out to the other child and let him take it. Nevermind that the first one will take it right back; it is all just a jovial exchange--back and forth, back and forth, and both of them are perfectly happy with that system.
The thing that has saved me is that they both nap at the same time. Whew! Even though he is much bigger than my Everett, Everett Sjolseth (the other Everett) doesn't really move around very well, so in a way it feels like he is much younger than my Everett. He is learning to crawl from watching my Everett, so his parents were excited about that. Yes, that's right, he's learning because of my boy. That's because my boy is the smartest, cutest, best baby in the world.
Hah--yes, I don't inflate my child's characteristics. No sir-ee.
As you can see, having two Everetts around gets confusing. If one of them is doing something he shouldn't, when I say "Everett, No", both of them look at me, and the innocent one will have a look on his face that is something like "what? I wasn't doing anything!". Kind of funny. But on the other hand, I can keep them both in line with limited verbage.
Here are some pictures from our walk to the pond and the swings today.
0 comments:
Post a Comment