...by my dear friend Amanda Webb. Apparently now I need to write seven facts about myself, which is harder than it sounds. So, here we go:
1. I like doing things with my hands. I always have. If I go too long without baking something, making cards, or doing some other kind of craft, I start to get antsy and anxious. It is kind of my outlet, if you will. The only tricky part is making time for it while Everett is asleep along with everything else I need to do. Trying to do a craft with him all over everything gets more than tricky--it gets impossible.
2. I have not finished my college degree, and sometimes it is a point of embarassement for me. I really want to, and I have an independent study class I'm working on, but it will be kind of a long process to get everything done. Sometimes I feel very intimidated around people who have their degree (or multiple degrees) and are very proud of it. I guess I have this nervousness that people will disapprove of me, think less of me, or think I'm less capable because I have not finished, and I don't want to be judged in that way. It makes me wonder in what unfair ways I am judging other people, who may or may not be extra sensitive about those things. I keep telling myself "everyone has something", but most of the time I would rather that this particular thing isn't my something.
3. I love, love, love reading. It is very theraputic for me to lose myself in someone else's story or problems (whether real or not), and it is one of the ways I find the most relaxation. So, in my quest to become a more knowledgable person, I have made a goal to read a biography about each of our nation's presidents. I just checked one out from the Library about George Washington, so I am excited to start it. I am glad that Joel likes reading too--sometimes some of the best time we spend together is going to bed early, each with a good book, and reading the hours away side-by-side.
4. I love Fall! It is by far my favorite season. I love the crispness of the air and the way the changing leaves smell. I love the vibrant colors and the excitement of the approaching holidays. I love the simple traditions, like jumping into leaf piles, watching the first snowfall of the season, decorating (and eating pumpkins) and collecting colorful leaves. I also love wearing sweaters in the fall, which are probably my favorite kind of clothing. Fall and sweaters: things to live for!
5. I like to go out to eat. I like being able to order something off a menu I don't usually eat, and I like not having to worry about buying it, cooking it, and cleaning up the mess. I like fine desserts and classy presentations. I love going out to eat as part of a date with my wonderful husband, something we do only very occasionally. One of these days I will arrange for a babysitter and he and I will go have a leisurely meal and be able to just...talk. Preface the meal with a visit to a museum, and I'd be on the perfect date. Joel--are you listening?
6. I really dislike stupid, crude humour in movies. Why can't script writers learn to be creative with their writing rather than using the same old predictable crude jabs? I really wish there were more talented writers out there who care more about being clever and original than securing a rating or being inappropriate. I am especially tired of sexual innuendos and jokes that cheapen such a Divine thing. If only the world valued it enough to keep it sacred, but that isn't the world's way. It makes me mad because young teenagers and pre-teens who are curious but have no experience with sexual things only have these unrealistic portrayals as information and models. Sheesh.
7. This should have been first on my list, but I love being a mother. The most important thing to me is that my kids feel loved and appreciated, that they know their Heavenly Father loves them, and that I give them as many opportunities as possible to strengthen their testimonies and faith. I think many parents wish they could give their children a testimony, but since it doesn't work that way, I want to promote those testimony-building experiences as much as possible. I know I need to lead by example, so I will have to keep working on myself as well. I will do everything in my power to give my children the experiences they need to have.
Well, my list is done, and the rule is that I need to tag seven other people and list their names here, but I can only think of three more people I know who have blogs:
1. Jessica
2. Natalie
3. Krystal
These are the rules:
- write seven things about yourself
- make a link to your tagger in your blog entry somewhere
- tag seven other people
- let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
P.S. If you don't have time to do this, it is perfectly fine. It is just something fun to do if you need a distraction.
4 comments:
Why I ought a!! Just kidding. I'm actually glad you tagged me, but I don't know if other people will be. I'm kind of un-original I feel. But after reading yours I realize I'm actually a lot like you! Can I just copy yours?? :) Just kidding! This is fun.
lol... I like Jess's idea. I'd like to copy some of yours. The only problem is that I'm not as interesting as you!! You are such a good writer. You did such a good job, and you are such a great person. Don't worry about the college degree. It's a great goal that you have. It doesn't matter how long it takes, what matters is that you are such a wonderful mother!
I'm glad the two of you are willing to do this. I felt the exact same way, Jessica! It took me a little while to think of things, but you'll both think of something great.
You had some really original things to say that I really appreciated (especially about movie crudeness). Thanks for letting us all get to know you better. And about the degree... you are absolutely right, we all have goals we struggle achieving. God allows us to wrestle with things to stretch us and make us stronger... just keep working on it, and little by little you'll make your goal. I think the harder we work for things, the more we appreciate them.
Post a Comment