Here are pictures (finally!) of our adorable little monkey. Yes, the costume is pretty much homemade (I re-made it), and yes, it is already dirty. I don't have a sewing machine, so I had to use fabric glue for the finishing touches. All in all it didn't turn out as badly as I feared!
Do you wonder why we chose a monkey costume for Everett's first halloween? Take a good look at this last picture. What did he do as soon as I stopped trapping him on the couch for pictures? That's right--he headed straight for the library books where he became immediately intent on examining them (read: beating them up). Does learning by osmosis work?
I actually took Everett trick-or-treating this year. Every year, several young families in the ward meet at a house, eat pizza, and all go together, and since I was invited I thought I'd take advantage of my Joel-less evening and get some adult interaction (some days I feel my vocabulary is rapidly diminishing). We only went up to a few doors, but even so I felt a little awkward picking out candy "for Everett". Yeah. Like no one saw through that! Everyone seemed to think he was cute, but I did get a few smiling "so how much of this are you going to eat, little boy?" remarks. I learned quickly, though, and after the first couple of houses, I either got him to reach in the bowl and grab a piece, or if he refused I just snagged one and pretended he was being too shy to grab one himself. When we got home, Joel and I started feasting, and Everett soon realized that there was (gasp!) candy in the bag I gave him to hold. After that there was no turning back, so our little monster--I mean, monkey--had his fill and then wouldn't go to bed. Strange...we couldn't seem to figure out why...
Pucker Up
4 days ago
5 comments:
Oh what a cute monkey!!! Jayden was a monkey too! How fun is that. I'm impressed that you made your costume. I'm not that crafty. I just borrowed one. :) Happy Halloween!
Everett makes such a cute monkey! By the way... tag you're it... enjoy! see my blog for details. BTW.... you need to link to your friend's blogs on the side like ME! :) oh, and make your blog public!!!! I would love to add your blog to an RSS feed so I get updates when you post.
What a cute little monkey!
I gotta admit the thought had crossed my mind to get oodles of candy via Liv this year, but instead we went to a Halloween party.
Elise you're the best! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment