Pork loin was on sale this week at the grocery store (it still is at Bloom, until Jan 3rd), so I picked a big one up and hacked it into a few pieces. We are eating one today with this rub on it:
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
I haven't tried it yet, as it is still cooking, but it smells delicious. I didn't have dry mustard so I used the regular kind you put on sandwiches. I don't know if that will drastically change it or not, but we'll see. There is plenty of rub left over and it is supposed to be good on chicken as well, so I think we'll definitely use it again.
Update: Because of the sugars in the rub, the drippings turned into a really nice glaze. I thought it was very good, even though I had no cumin or thyme, and I added enough mustard that it made it slightly pastey instead of being a dry rub.
2 comments:
Yum. We just got a grill from my parents and I'm excited to try out new things.
Don't you mean Feb 3rd?
Post a Comment