Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two Kids in a Tub

Everett's hair has been long for a while now, so I decided to give him a haircut yesterday. This is no small feat with both children awake, neither of them wanting to participate, but we got it done anyway! It is easy when we have the clippers. Usually I do the top a little longer, but this time I just buzzed the whole thing. It was much easier.

So here's the before. . .




Here's the after. Much better, don't you think? I do like it a little longer but it tends to look unruly that way.



I decided to give both the kids a bath. They have actually only had a bath together once before this, and Ashley wasn't happy then so they didn't really have a chance to play. It was fun to see them interact more this time.

Everett had to give some of his animals a bath. This was a hit with Ashley as well.




Mama Hippo! he says. He has a larger hippo and a smaller hippo, so we call them the mama and the baby. I think they've been his favorite ever since we started that.

I just realized my razor is in the background of the picture. Don't worry. Usually I put it out of reach when Everett takes a bath, but I must have forgotten this time.



Splashing is always fun, but especially with bubbles.



Hamming it up.
And now that I'm looking at Ashley more in this picture, the expression on her face looks a little familiar. . .


Oh yes. That's what I was thinking of. This is Everett, a little over a year ago. Do you think they look somewhat similar? I'm not sure.



Well, maybe a little. I guess you can tell that they're siblings, anyway.



One thing I am sure about, though, is that Ashley does love her brother.


And just to top it all off, here is a video of them playing together. I noticed in this video that I frequently tell Everett to not put anything on her head. Yes, this is an accurate representation of our hours together every day. No, it still doesn't work most of the time.

(They don't really do much in this video, but watch if you want!)

1 comments:

Tori said...

Oh, that is so cute. I keep giggling at their cuteness.

I can't believe you managed to cute Everett's hair so well all by yourself. He must be so wiggly!