Ashley is almost mobile! Things will change a lot for us when she can move around more and get into everything, so I have mixed feelings, but it is fun to see her figuring out how to move. She has a good amount of patience for it. As it is now, she never stays sitting for long. She is always trying to get somewhere else, usually where Everett's toys are. Fortunately Everett is good about picking out one of his toys and giving it to her.
First Step: Push yourself up with your arms.
Second Step: Begin to lift your knees.
Third Step: Up on all fours, but where to go from here?
Fourth Step: Oh, I see.
Everett loves to encourage her to crawl. If he notices that she is attempting to crawl, he will call me over and have me lay down next to him so we can face her and call to her together. Sometimes when she is sitting up, he thinks she should be trying to crawl so he will knock her over (gently, for a toddler) and try to get her positioned. You can guess how much she likes that.Yesterday we left a trail of marshmallows for her to follow, and she figured out how to move like an inchworm to get to them. She realized she could dig her toes into the ground, push her bottom up in the air while lowering her head, and scoot forward. Little by little, she ate the marshmallows. She was a little tired by the time I shot this video, so she isn't that happy in it (and she's moving slowly). Most of you have seen a baby scoot before, so this is nothing new; this video is mostly for the grandparents.



5 comments:
Too cute - I love the marshmallows.
Oh my gosh I'm so glad you have more pictures of that beautiful girl up! She has your pretty eyes! I love it. I love the bath pics/video. That looks like so much fun!!! It makes me want another one haha. Happy birthday!
oh man she is growing up fast.. i swear you just had her and now she's gettin mobile! also thanks for the tip on gripewater.. i will definitely look into that.. she has her good days and bad.. but i would like to see more of the good:)
Why don't you have my blog on the side of your blog, along with Marcus and co.?
do you know, neither one of my babies scooted! Weird.
Post a Comment