Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Price I Pay

The other night when Joel was gone, I had to get my dirty, sticky kids in bed and clean up the dinner dishes. I decided to multi-task (as I always do), since the bathroom is right off the kitchen and I can easily hear anything that goes on in there.


But, this kind of efficiency comes with a price. If I am not physically in the bathroom, the kids have too much fun splashing and dumping cups of water various places until the floor in front of the tub is completely covered with a large puddle. I could come in every two seconds and discipline, but I'd rather get the kitchen done in one fell swoop.



Here are the little monsters. I am just glad they have fun together. I'd rather wipe up a puddle of bathwater than sit and supervise when I could be getting something else done.


The puddle you see here looks smaller than it is. In reality, the entire underside of the bathmat (and a good portion of the surrounding floor) is a sopping mess.

But getting the dishes done quickly is, without a doubt, worth every bit of the minute it takes to clean all this water up.

2 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

I so agree!

Jessica Brown said...

Dang I wish my bathroom was a little closer to my kitchen. I would love to multi-task.