This morning both kids were moaning and wailing and whining because they couldn't shake some major grumps. When I decided I didn't want to listen to them anymore, I told them they could read some books on my bed.
You'd think I just promised them candy.
This face. . .
. . . and this face
Soon turned into
these faces. . .
. . . and pretty soon, all was peaceful and quiet.
Then I put Ashley down for a nap, after which Everett announced that he was going to bed too, and laid himself right down on his bed with his stuffed doggies and dinosaur pillow.
Fine by me. No way was I going to argue with that logic.
Now the house is quiet and the kids are sleeping, and I had time to have lunch by myself without sad, starving, malnourished little faces pleading for bites.
0 comments:
Post a Comment