A friend of mine posted on her blog today about how her daughter colored multiple surfaces in her room with a highlighter while she was supposed to be napping. It reminded me of a picture I took of Ashley a couple of days ago.
Lately, Ashley has enjoyed reading books in bed before her nap. I don't mind her doing this because whether she sleeps the entire time or not, she is still resting her body. Plus, sometimes she reads when she wakes up, too, which means she wants to stay in there longer. I'm not going to lie, this is a huge plus if I, too, have been attempting a nap.
On this particular day, I gave her the books she asked for without looking closely enough at them. One of these books comes with a non-washable white board-type marker, which I always (yeah, apparently) store elsewhere.
I guess she found it.
(I removed the marker from her right hand before taking the picture; you can see that her hand is still positioned to hold it.)
The interesting thing is that with the exception of a tiny spot, her clothes and blankets were free of marker. She had fun getting it on everything else, though (including her pillowcase, which is white and which I now need to bleach).
Someday when she's old enough to not color on walls and other surfaces, I'll show her this picture and we'll have a good laugh.
1 comments:
That is such a cute picture. McKenna has woken up like that, but only because Lauren threw all of her books into the crib while McKenna was sleeping.
Markers are so from the devil to kill mothers.
Post a Comment