Ashley and Everett both like to help in the kitchen. Ashley has really enjoyed being able to stand on the stool and help or observe with whatever dinner preparations I am making. I involved Everett a lot more at this age, but Ashley gets the short end of the stick because she is the younger one now.
She really loves having Everett for a playmate, though. She has learned a lot of things from Everett, most of which I like. Some things, though, she just does on her own.
When I give her a snack, she always holds her fingers up and asks for "two" of whatever it is, especially graham crackers. Fortunately she is young enough that I can break it in two pieces if I don't want her to have an extra one, and she doesn't notice.
She loves shoes. Today I bought her two pairs of shoes and she was tearful the entire way home because I didn't put them on her feet when we got into the car. As soon as we walked in the door, she took them out of the bag and wanted to put both pairs on for a few minutes each. She is always taking everyone's shoes and wearing them around the apartment, and sometimes she even gets some of Joel's shirts and wears them around her neck.
She loves to brush her teeth. It is a real treat for her to brush her teeth twice a day, and she laughs and laughs in anticipation whenever we tell her it is time to get out the toothbrush. She also doesn't mind us helping, which is nice because she mostly just likes to suck on the toothbrush.
She has wanted to sit on the toilet a couple of times after watching Everett go, but she got a little scared when I put her on there. I don't blame her; that opening is pretty big!
When she goes to bed, she will grab any and all of her stuffed animals, move them around, talk to them, play with them, and laugh at them until falling asleep. I love hearing this go on except for when she is keeping Everett up, too.
We have two kinds of pacifiers: one with a flat-ish nipple and one that is the standard shape. She refuses to take the flat one now. Yes, she still sleeps with a pacifier. No, I'm not going to worry about it until after the baby comes.
Last night at dinner, Ashley decided we were not paying enough attention to her, so she bit her own hand and feigned a very pitiful cry. After seeing that her tactic worked to get us all to look at her, she did it again and again. I tried not to let her see me laugh, but I don't know how well I did.
Ashley's favorite animal is the horse. She can spot horse pictures and figurines (even abstract ones) from surprising distances, and she never hesitates to let us know she found one by shouting "neigh! neigh!"
Ashley also loves buses. Whenever we drive somewhere or go near a window, she always looks for a bus. She isn't thrilled that Everett gets to ride a bus twice a week without her, but she does enjoy seeing it come.
Lastly, she is a movie junkie. She never watches for very long, but if you ask her whether she'd like to watch a movie, she'll shout "Movie! Movie!", shake her fists with real excitement, and laugh hysterically.
I am so glad to have Ashley. It is fun to look at her and know that she is mine.


1 comments:
Wow, I have missed so much of your blogging. So much to comment on.
1. Lauren has always been my shoe lover, even as a baby she chewed on shoes, then when she got old enough she would try them all on. (and we do have a lot)
2. Laruen still has a pacifier and she is almost three
3. You look lovely on your date, in your black dress and pregnant tummy.
4. Are your friends members too?
5. I think that stretch hummers are the ugliest thing that I have ever seen.
6. What state do you live in?
7. I don't think that I would like Joel because I don't like sports. Or fanatics. But that sounds a bit judgemental. I like you and if you picked him then I probably would like him.
Post a Comment