My feeling, with almost three little ones in this house, is that if the noises are loud but happy, it is a good thing. I have no problem with monsters roaring or doggies barking or children yelling out songs and dancing.
Gales of laugher? Check. Delighted yells of anticipation? Fine by me.
There are too many other things to worry about that take up my time, like whether we have enough diapers.
And, I try to enjoy the noise somehow--In 15-20 years when the kids start moving out, I know I'll miss it. Besides, in a few years a lot of the noise will be due to bickering. I'm just glad we're not there yet.
It has been a while since I've posted a video, so I took this one the other night of Joel playing with the kids. It is a movie that makes the kids giggle and giggle as they watch it, and it shows why our house is often a little on the noisy side.
(it's a bit long, but at least we still kept it under a minute.)
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Why My House is Rarely Quiet. . .
Posted by Elise at 10:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is way funny.
Oh I don't mind laughter either, I prefer the noise coming from my children and not my spouse, but the two usually go together. Right? What preps are doing for #3? You'll have to pass on good advice for the future.
I love this video. It's so funny because Jon was watching it and said, "I wish I could post this on facebook or something, because nobody in the program knows this side of Joel." What a great dad! Ashley is getting so big! We need to do a movie night. What about Wed.?
Post a Comment