Sunday, March 7, 2010

Big

I'm 38 weeks pregnant today. This means that the baby is fully developed and could technically come any time (ahem). Probably nothing will happen until my due date. Probably.


I am often surprised when I look in the mirror and see how big I've become; I've grown so used to hefting this belly around that I don't give it much thought anymore. The kids, however, are thrilled to use my belly as a step stool when they are climbing over or around me. It is an even better place for them to rest their elbows in full support of their body weight.

Mostly I've just been glad I haven't had any complications.

But Joel has been subtly letting me know that I at least look like I'm ready to pop. During the past week, Joel has told me that I look like I'm about to explode and occasionally looks at me with amusement as I waddle my way across the living room floor (he does sandwich these comments with sincere inquiries after my comfort).

Tonight Joel took one look at me and said, "Ho-ly cow! Those are some PUFFY legs!"

I think I'm ready to have the baby. Quite. Ready.

5 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

OH, I'm so excited for you! And I know you look darling. You always do. Even at 9 months pregnant!!!!

Stephanie said...

I hate the feeling of waddling. I have never made it to 38 weeks yet so I can't even imagine that last two weeks.

Sorry that your legs are puffy. I hate puffy legs too.

Brittany and Jason said...

Good luck with the delivery, we look forward to pictures of this guy!

Alicia said...

Elise! Wow! Any day now! How exciting! I am very much looking forward to hearing how you adjust to three children! :D I know you'll be amazing!

PS Sorry for being a serious slacker this year on The Bucket Filler. I still think of you often!

Tori said...

I'm excited for you! THese last weeks drag, don't they?
I agree that my models are adorable! I've only used cloth diapers on her three times but we've had no leaks. I recommend them so far, but it takes a large initial investment, especially for two kids in diapers. I've saved tons by making them, but it takes forever. If you are interested, I can tell you some of the ones I've found online that are fairly cheap (ebay sells some very cheaply from China). There are a lot of work at home moms who sell them too, though those are more expensive. Plus it's easy to find them used in excellent condition.
Anyway, I can't wait to hear how everything goes and can't wait to see pictures of William!