I just filled out two tournament brackets. . .and though there is little hope since I don't know what I'm doing, I'm hoping by some miracle that I beat Joel this year (Kansas, you'd better come through for me). Joel and I listened to a Bill Simmons podcast about the teams, and with all the sports shows I've been hearing over the past few weeks, you'd think I would absorb some useful information, but that is not necessarily the case. Those announcers are just like old gossips with the way they hash and re-hash everything from hairstyles to injuries! Joel bristles defensively any time I use the word gossip in conjunction with a discussion about a sports show, but I am unmoved.
One thing I do know is that Joe Lunardi has predicted BYU to make it to the elite eight, much to Joel's smug satisfaction. I keep trying to tell him that BYU won't make it very far, but he remains hopeful even though he isn't as high on Jimmer Fredette as most people seem to be. At any rate, he wore all his BYU gear to school today in support of their game this afternoon against Florida. The unfortunate thing is that he has classes during the entire game, so if he comes home sick today. . .well, I think we'll all know why.
Wish me luck on the bracket! Also, does anyone have any good movies to suggest? My weekends are going to be filled with tournament games now, and much of the time I prefer to opt out and watch a movie on the computer from a distance, making the appropriate replies whenever Joel yells out in agony over a failed play.
5 comments:
Ha! As I'm reading this - I figure you and I must be living mirrored lives. Morgan and I listened to the podcast, and have listened to SEVERAL hours of ESPN. (Morgan is also in class today during the game:-( ) I just hope that you don't go into labor during a BYU game.... so your sweet husband isn't left with the decision of which one to be present at! (jk)
Elise, you crack me up. You know so much more about what's going on in the games right now than I do. I love that! I wish I had a good movie to suggest, however I don't think I can bring myself to do it because I don't think anything sounds better than a weekend of college basketball! Hopefully you'll just be able to go into labor and enjoy your little bundle. I would love it if BYU went to the Elite 8, but I'm with you and think they won't go far either. :)
I knew your due date was around the corner. I am glad I haven't missed it yet. I have been totally checked out for the past month! I can't believe baby number 3 is almost here! Good luck! I can't wait to hear all the details and see pictures.
I always make fun of the way guys gossip on cougarboard but Jeremy actually agrees with me. My favorite movies are: Pride and Prejudice (A&E), Emma, and North & South (BBC). The last one is actually my very favorite lately but it's like 4 hours long.
Post a Comment