Everett has been using the toilet all by himself for some time now, ever since he discovered that if he got up on his tiptoes, leaned in, and propped himself up on the lip of the toilet bowl, he could go standing up. Apparently this was exciting because a) he has a friend who goes that way, and b) more bubbles appear in the bowl when using this method. The only trick to going this way is that our toilet has a bit of a finicky lid--it just doesn't stay up very well. Fortunately Everett is good at getting everything situated correctly.
The other day, when I was getting Ashley dressed in her room, Everett announced that he needed to go to the bathroom. I didn't pay much attention to this because he is pretty self-sufficient, but a few minutes later he came back into his room with a very pained expression on his face.
The fact that his hands were holding his crotch area was a dead giveaway as to what was bothering him, but I had him tell me anyway.
"Da toilet lid fell down!" He moaned, "Right dere!" He pointed to his privates.
Though my first instinct was to erupt in laughter, I managed to keep a straight face and invited him over to my lap for a little consolation. Poor guy. Someday he will be tall enough that this will not be a problem. Until then, he has recovered and surprisingly has not acquired any fear of the toilet. And, I now have a great story to embarrass him with when I tell his future dates.

1 comments:
Oh no, poor Everett...one of the dangers of living at the Village.
Post a Comment