Friday, July 9, 2010

Fireworks

Last Saturday we went up to the city and watched fireworks. We found a good place to sit with less hassle and fewer people than I had expected. The fireworks were impressive.


Everett had a great time.


Ashley had a great time, although the fireworks didn't keep her full attention for the full half-hour.


William had a great time, too. But then again, he always loves sprawling on a blanket if he can feel a nice breeze.


However, I think the best part for the kids was the glow sticks I brought to keep them entertained while we were waiting for the show to start.










The sky may have been booming and glowing, and the fireworks may have been raining down in front of us, but the kids kept reverting to the simple glow sticks. Maybe next year we'll forgo the fireworks and just get the glow sticks!


Everett did enjoy the show and talked about it for days afterwards. In case any of you need a reminder about why it is fun to see something like this with a small child (I'm sure you don't), well, here you go. (Just forgive the poor lighting. I realized after this that I should have been filming the actual fireworks as Everett was talking.)

password: fireworks

1 comments:

Drae said...

That is so much fun! He talks so well. I really miss you guys. We got the box with the note from you on it. I smiled every time I saw it. I've been meaning to call you and I will sometime when we get settled. It's taking me so long. Sorry. I am so impressed that you blog as well as take care of 3 kids. I hope all is going well, and I'll be calling you soon.