Joel just turned 28 years old, and we really enjoyed celebrating his birthday. Thanks to my parents, we had a really nice dinner, and thanks to Joel's parents, we got their old wii. The kids were thrilled that someone was having a birthday, because they know that means cake.
(lemon cake with strawberries and whipped cream)
Ashley chowed down on hers, and then Grandpa let her help him with his last few bites.
Everett made Joel some cards. He wanted me to teach him how to write "Happy Birthday", but he pooped out after the "happy" part (frankly, I was surprised he got that far). However, he was so excited about his H, he added it onto another card on which he had already written his own name. In this picture he is holding up a car with three Y's.
It's the thought that counts, right?
Unbeknownst to me, the kids had found a few stray boxes and carefully placed their favorite stuffed animals inside. They brought their home-made gifts out with a flourish after Joel finished opening his wii paraphernalia.
Joel is reminding Everett that if he gives Joel the dog, Joel gets to sleep with it from now on. Everett looked increasingly worried as I confirmed this fact, until he went over to Joel and carefully but firmly took the doggie back.
Same with the teddy bear. I think Ashley had a different idea of how this was supposed to go.
I was happy to celebrate Joel on this day. We had to come up with everything we thought he would like to do, because if we asked him, he would just roll his eyes and tell us not to make a big deal about anything. "It's just another day," he says. Well, yes, that happens when you're an adult, but I was glad to give him a little recognition. I am so lucky to have him as my husband, and I am even luckier that he likes having me around. I couldn't dream up a better man than him.
(password: birthday)
1 comments:
Too cute that the kids boxed up their stuffed animals as gifts. Love it. Glad to see that you guys are doing great!
Post a Comment