There is a beautiful state park that is a short car ride from our house. Once you enter the park, you'd never guess that you're in Iowa.
The rock formations are my favorite thing about this park. If I was any sort of rock climber, I'd definitely want to scale these walls.
Ashley decided it would be more fun to fly along the trails as an airplane.
And she most of her time making airplane noises, whether she was extending her arms or not.
Sometimes she'd stop and just zone out for a little while. I could always tell when she was doing this because she'd stick her fingers right in her belly button.
The kids loved running along the trails.
The giant boulders were interesting as well.
Bridges--on which to play "The Three Billy Goats Gruff." I was the biggest Billy Goat, and when I told Everett I had to throw him in the water because that is how it happened in the book, he suddenly lost interest in the game.
I think we will have to go back and explore different areas of this park. There is even a stream the kids could play in, if Joel and I decided to be ambitious.
1 comments:
Oh that looks SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm loving your pictures! I miss the Midwest!
Post a Comment