Friday, October 5, 2007

A cautionary tale....

Yesterday while I was giving Everett a bath...















I left for a second and as I was coming back in I heard a strange sound...













It was a dribble followed by a plop, ended by a resonant schlop.














EVERETT!!! You Pooped in your bathwater!!!







...What, did you think I was going to post a picture of that, too?


Everett had never before pooped in his bathwater, and I had come to expect that he never would. He didn't seem to mind too much and was even fully intent on picking everything up and investigating, but my mothering skills have been sharpened from having a boy and so I had removed everything post-haste.

The funniest part of the whole situation was that it was Joel's turn to bathe him, but since he said he'd rather sweep the floors, I gave in (even had our jobs been reversed, you can guess who would still be on clean-up duty).

I guess the old adage plays true: when you least expect it--expect it.

2 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

Hey I like the new look of your blog!
I'm sorry about your poo story. I have a few poo stories of my own. I didn't think they would happen until Liv was two or something, but sure enough she has pooed outside of her diaper: In the bath and on the floor, and the other day when I was making the exchange from the bath to dry clothes she pooped in her towel! Ugg! So much laundry. Well I guess we know they are healthy right??

Natalie Sue said...

What the cutest face!!! Oh, the pooping in the bath story... I guess it happens often.hahaha I still remember that happening in my house when I was young - inevitable with four brothers!