Sunday, October 21, 2007

EARLY BIRTHDAY!

While we were out in Utah, my in-laws decided to hold an early birthday party for Everett since he won't be there on his real birthday (Nov. 14th). We had a lot of fun and he got a lot of fun toys that he has been playing with since.


And I know these descriptions are probably boring for everyone but me, but hey, a child only turns one once. However, this child has multiple parties for it :).

This first one is a sorting toy from my Mother-in-Law, with some neat gadgets and things on it. He (Everett, not Joel :) ) has been a little interested in it.



This one is a farm truck with a pig and sheep riding in it. If you push down the cow (which, incidentally, is the driver), it will do a farm-sounding song and drive itself. Everett hasn't figured out the logistics of that one yet, but he has decided that the animals make decent chew toys.


You can't really see it in this picture, but this is a police cruiser. If you push the button on the top, it drives, flashes its lights, and says "suspect in sight". Everett seems to think that is pretty cool. Must be all those boy genes, because when we got home and showed Joel, he had a similar reaction. Now we know what to get Joel for Christmas!


This one is from Joel's Grandparents (Everett is named after this Grandpa). They have him a snail on wheels with ABCD buttons and another button that sings the ABC song. Good thing it's short, otherwise I'd have to remove the batteries. Everett hasn't figured out the buttons yet, either, but has pushed it around somewhat.


A cute duck towel from my Mother-in-Law. Apparently Everett didn't think it was as neat as all the toys. But it was my favorite.


Now, because this is the first party Everett has had, I decided I ought to make something cool for dessert. I ended up making penguin cupcakes. They turned out pretty well, but unfortunately I neglected to capture my culinary brilliance on film. I am, however, decidedly lacking in electronic brilliance, so I couldn't figure out how to put the picture from the website on here. But, here is a link so you can have a chance to ooh and ah (or skip over it, whichever suits you):
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50175

1 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

Everett is just so cute! Happy Bithday to him soon! (And how did you get so lucky to keep your blog template!) Cool.