Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Everett and I recently did something we have never done together before...we rode on two airplanes from Virginia to Utah. Joel is at a national training for Deloitte in Georgia, so my Dad was nice enough to fly me out with some of his frequent flier miles during the two weeks Joel will be gone so that I can have something to do.

I got to surprise my whole family, with the exception of my Dad. It was pretty funny. My Dad went into the house first, and I crept around to the front door, put Everett on the welcome mat, and rang the doorbell while I stepped out of sight. My brother Mack opened the door (which I didn't know until I came out of my hiding place), but all I heard was the door open and...nothing. For several seconds. Later I asked him why he paused for so long, and he said that at first he thought the baby was Everett, but then he wasn't sure and thought he might belong to one of the neighbors.

I guess that means I need to send pictures more often. Or maybe not, considering that none of the rest of my family had any trouble identifying him.



We're excited to be in Utah, and I'm excited that I don't have to board a plane with Everett for another week and a half. It's just too bad Joel isn't here to enjoy this vacation with us.

2 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

How cute that you put Everett on the welcome mat!! lol. I'm so excited to see you guys soon!

Mack, the future billion-dollar author said...

That's because the rest of the family saw both you and him. Except dad, and he was in on the whole thing.