Monday, August 31, 2009

Village Fun

Saturday night we had a pleasant surprise: two locals on horseback brought their horses up to the Village and gave all the kids rides for free. They spent time talking to the kids about the horses and stayed for a very long time.

It was fantastic! A friend of mine took lots of pictures of everyone and had almost 700 when she went in for the night.

I was hoping I could get Everett to ride a horse with me, but he was content to just watch. He doesn't really like to touch animals unless he is very familiar with them, so it wasn't too much of a surprise.

He was, however, delighted with the horse poop on the ground. Naturally he has been very interested in poop--who poops where, which animals poop, and where it comes out. Apparently he thought it was funny that the horses just go right there on the ground.

This was about the time I started yelling, "No! Stop! Don't go any farther!"



Thinking it's funny.

ALSO, last week Everett and I found a little frog in our garden. He was pretty fascinated with it and requested that we take it over so his friend Tyson could see it as well. The boys had a blast with the frog, and Tyson decided to make it a pet.

On Friday Tyson brought it over and Everett got to keep the frog overnight. It was a lot of fun and the kids really loved having it around. We even found a little bug that the frog ate right up. I asked Everett what we should name the frog, and he said "Dot".

This is Dot, who lives in a little trash can. Maybe someday he'll move up to an aquarium!



Enthusiasm Picture#1



Enthusiasm Picture #2

Ashley loved the frog until she peered in closely and it startled her by jumping up toward her face. After that, she was interested but wasn't too sure about him.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Everett is such a boy. The funny thing is at the gift shop I saw a book titled 'Poop:everybody does it' and it (as a child's book) proceeds to tell and illustrate about the different kinds of animals/creatures that poop and in what circumstance. I was wondering who actually buys that book...perhaps someone who knows a young boy.:)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the frog enthusiasm pics. I used to have a couple frogs as pets and would feed them crickets from the pet store.

Shanda said...

The poop story is funny. Caitlyne's class was studying animals & now every time she sees a new animal she asks if it poops. I LOVE the picture of Ashley looking at the frog! That is priceless! Enjoy this weekend for us! It is going to be so hard to watch the game from home and not be there! Be sure to attend the Alumni Tailgate party & also be sure to pre-register. Its totally worth it!