Saturday, August 1, 2009

Progression

Everett has made quite a bit of progress in the last two months with his speech. We (fi-na-lly)start our first speech therapy session on Monday and in a couple of weeks when the offices open, we need to contact the school system so we can get him into some specialized preschools. Right now I don't even want to think of my little baby being big enough to get on a school bus and go away by himself. Yes, I always laughed at mothers who said this, and well, here I am.

But. Progress. I am a little thrilled, and a very aware that we still have a large mountain to climb. However, I do realize that with the advent of various therapies (finally), his progress may increase tenfold.

PHRASES Everett can say (yes, I said Phrases. They barely count, but it's something.)

"_______ too?" Can I have ___ too?

"_______ go?" Where did ___ go?

"nahntoo." I don't want to. Um, yes, I hear this one ALL THE TIME now, but that hasn't squelched the fact that I am pleased to hear so many syllables all at once :).


ALSO. We have graduated to two syllable words, people! The syllables aren't always correct, but they are there. Yep, that's right. TWO.

And, he has started calling me "Mommy," which does nothing short of soften my heart right up until it's like the finest melted chocolate.

"Moooommmyyyyyyy. . . . . "

"Yes, dear? You want a pony? Sure! The moon? No problem. A thousand jelly beans for dinner? Bring me a bowl, and I'll fill it right up!"

I'm telling you, it completely incapacitates me.

2 comments:

Melissa and Aaron said...

Yay! That's so exciting:) I'm so, so happy for you and him! It will come - I know it:)

Unknown said...

AWESOME! So much progress in such a short amount of time!