Sunday, August 9, 2009

We Made It

After 21 straight hours in the car and driving through Wyoming during the dead of night, I am happy to report that we have made it to UTAH where we are having fun visiting with the Johnsons. Everett and Ashley are enjoying getting reacquainted with their Johnson Grandparents and will get to know their cousins better starting tomorrow.

We have been resting, eating, playing, talking, running errands, and having a great time.

Mostly, I'm just glad we made it here in one piece and that we were able to do the majority of the driving while the kids were asleep.

More reports to come later, but I just wanted to say, yes, it is possible to take two small children on this long of a road trip without major incident. And I'm so glad it is, seeing as we're staring down a hefty return trip.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Now you guys really have no excuse to stay away on the holidays:)

Stephanie said...

If you need a place to crash; you're welcome to come and stay with us for the night or a brief escape from the car.

Stephanie said...

i'm not sure I was very clear. I meant on your return drive home from Utah. Glad there was no major incidence by the way.

Drae said...

Glad you guys made it safely. We decided to go to Utah for the break as well. I can't wait to get out there. It has been pretty humid the last couple of days here, so be glad it's just heat and not humidity. Maybe we'll see you around... Probably not, but we'll definitely see you when school starts up again.
Also, I love the great ideas you have to help Everett learn his words and sounds. So creative! We need to get together when the break is over.

Shanda said...

You guys are nuts! ;) I hope you have a great time & a safe ride back! I also hope this school year goes well for you!